SIS reserves the right to change this policy at any given time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you agree with any such updates. This policy is effective from 2/21/2024.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While you use this website, SIS may collect the following information:
- Name and Job Title
- Contact Information including email address
- Demographic Information, such as Postcode, Preferences, and Interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What SIS Does with the Data Collected
SIS requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and experience, and, in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improving SIS’ products and services
- Periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information SIS thinks you may find interesting using the email address you provided
- From time to time, SIS may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. SIS may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. SIS may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
Retention of Data Collected
SIS will also retain usage data, referring to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the website or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). This usage data is used for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the SIS website or SIS is legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the SIS operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that this information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers and servers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
SIS is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, SIS has created suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies are small files that ask permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree to allow the cookies, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual so that the web applications can tailor their operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
SIS uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages on the SIS website are being used. This helps SIS analyze data about webpage traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. SIS only uses this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help SIS provide you with a better website experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives SIS access to your computer or any information about you apart from the data that you choose to share with SIS.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the SIS website. You can also instruct your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Links to Other Websites
Controlling Your Personal Information
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the SIS website, look for the box showing the option to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to SIS using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing to SIS at the address below or emailing SIS at email@example.com
SIS will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which you may find interesting if you tell SIS that you wish this to happen.
Under the Data Protection Act of 1988, you may request details of personal information that SIS holds about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to:
Sports Info Solutions
1 E Broad Street, Suite 420
Bethlehem, PA 18018.
If you believe that any information that SIS is holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email SIS at the above address. SIS will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disclosure of Personal Data
If SIS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, your personal data may be transferred. We will provide notice before your personal data is transferred and becomes subject to a different privacy statement.
Under certain circumstances, SIS may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (i.e., a court or governmental agency).
Other Legal Requirements
SIS may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of SIS
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with SIS property
- Protect the personal safety of SIS users or the public
- Protect against legal liability