On this episode of the Off The Charts Football Podcast, Matt Manocherian (@mattmano) and Mark Simon (@MarkASimonSays) are joined by Michael Lopez (@StatsbyLopez), the Director of Football Data and Analytics for the NFL.
- Michael discusses his role with the NFL and what he’s working on now (0:47)
- Gives an overview of Next Gen’s evolution (6:07)
- Talks about using data to evaluate the game of football (7:24)
- Gives the stat he likes the most (17:06)
- Talks about the process of presenting data (26:16)
- Mentions the Big Data Bowl (29:14).
- Alex Vigderman (@VigManOnCampus) of the SIS Research Team then joins Matt to react to what Michael had to say (30:58).