SIS is looking for highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in the baseball industry and/or in video production. Video Editors will have a chance to make an immediate impression on the company and clients during their time with us. Each Video Editor will be using video that is directly used by SIS clients (including major league teams) for advance scouting and evaluation purposes. Not only will the Video Editors become more familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of minor league players, but they will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the baseball statistics industry.
We take pride in making our internships great development opportunities for those looking to get their start in the baseball industry. In addition to gaining invaluable experience reviewing thousands of players across different levels, we offer introductory classes that cover creating scouting reports and using the database management language, SQL. We also provide insight and advice from previous SIS Employees who have branched out into a variety of areas in the sports industry.
- During overnight shifts, edit video from Minor League games and properly mark in and out points for pitches and plays, ensuring all meaningful action is captured
- Validate the accuracy of Minor League pitch by pitch data
- Assist with the production of the 2023 Bill James Handbook
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff
- An hourly rate of $12 per hour and college course credit will be offered for those interested.
- Each Video Editor will also be eligible for monthly performance bonuses based on efficiency and accuracy of their work.
Follow the link below to submit your application:Apply Now